Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sweet Pork

-SWEET PORK-
For my church calling I am on the activities committee. For our Christmas Party
we did a Mexican Fiesta. I had suggested to the committee that it would be easy
to make sweet pork for everyone. Little did I know that that little comment would put me
in charge of all 40 lbs of the sweet pork. This was a test of my faith... After unloading all of the pork into the house, I went to go park my car. I pulled out of one side of the parking lot and two seconds later I was pulled over for the first time ever. The officer was a brat, and I was already mad. He gave me a warning and told me to no longer drive on the wrong side of the road. Then I went into to the house to start the pork preparation. The pork was supposed
to come boneless and skinless, and it did not. It took Becky (my room mate) and I about
and hour to cut and separate the meat. Then the next morning (because I did not realize that
the skin was still on it) it took me an hour and half to cut the SKIN of the pig. It was
the most disgusting thing I have ever done. After it was all done it was super good, however
Lets just say I would be good to go pork less for another lifetime.











Recipe
1 pork (picnic roast)
3 cups of brown sugar
1 jar of pineapple mango salsa
let sit in crock pot on low for 8 hours
eat like tacos yum!



1 comment:

Emmers said...

that much dead pig looks really appealing!